Friday, January 9, 2009

When are you coming..?

The night is dark.
The crickets din is soothing.
The moon light spreads the silver light all across the grass lands.
The hard rocks, brown and strong stand erect.
On one of them I sit, with my bare feet kissing the hard cold stone.
There is no movement anywhere.
My eyes gaze at the far round moon, blissfully seated beyond the horizon.

Awaiting you...I sit here for long
Do I have to wait till the break of dawn?

Now….. The cool breeze blows down…
It’s the Wild West wind, bringing along with it the aroma of silence, sweetness and bliss
The chilly wind, brushes my cheek...Curls down my hair and runs down my spine
With a whooshing sound it creates a music…to which the flowers sway…leaves flutter and water tappers…

The moon raises high beyond the horizon…as though seated on an invisible cradle
With a smile decorating my face…a hope brightening my eyes…a blush beautifying my fragility
I sit in silence, awaiting you.
I wait in silence.
I wait in earnest.

But the silence seems to be eternal…
The wind is still blowing
The leaves still fluttering
The flowers still swaying
The world is sleeping and I am waiting
How long?

The eagerness blended with love…
Colored with innocence…
Spiced with blissful music…and brewed with restlessness…personifies into a tear drop. The tear trickles down my cheek and drops on to my palm.
There is still silence. And my eyes are moist.
How long?

Now...a little while later…all of a sudden
The sleeping wind awakes…It rushes down from the mountains behind…and runs to the horizon in eagerness, and whirls there for a while…and comes back to me in a hurry…
It makes a whooshing sound…creeps into my hair and encircles me around!
It teases my smile and brushes my cheek…
And eagerly whispers in my ears ‘coming!’
To this my eyes liven, tears dry…and lips curve to make a smile
The Wild West wind runs down all over, spreading ‘your coming’
Hearing this flowers beam…!
Leaves flutter…!
Grass sways…!
The water ripples down murmuring a sweet music…’at last you are coming’ they sing
At the behest of moon, the sky is decorated with stars…
At the behest of the water… the ripples play the music…
At the behest of the wind … the aroma spreads the flavor of love and joy…
The leaves and the flowers sway and dance in delight…
There is laughter, love and bliss…
we are all waiting....'when are you coming?’

9 comments:

yashuzzzombie said...

hey....nan...after reading ur blog 'when are you comng' i really wanna kno...when is it gonna happen.reading itself makes me to experience all that u have written. greeeeeeeet going baby. needless to say...u r sure to win pulitzers...with this quality of writing.

The King Centaur... said...

heyyy,

Who are we waiting for?? You see, I am quite dumb wto interpret such poetic works :)

"With a smile decorating my face…a hope brightening my eyes…a blush beautifying my fragility" - I cant fathom why or cannot comprehend how, but I just fell in love with that line. Amazing, as in AMAZING. It just potrays the feminity of a woman. I think, a blush looks at its best one and only when its in the face of women. Do you agree with me, my dear cancerian??

Wow.. You write extremely well. Uncomparable! Looking forward to read more of your posts!!

Cheers,
You Know Who ;)

Unknown said...

hey nandu..

superb!!!!!!!! is all i could say.

how amazing..how imaginary..how soothing.. another "Daffodils"...

Keep going baby...all the best..

--best wishes,
swa

Sameer said...

Nandita,

That was great...
Keep it up!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Naaanditha, a celebrity in the making :) ....

Didn't know till now that there is mammoth talent hidden inside which is filled with articulative emotions and passion...

Truly, its with a great feel i am writing this for you which is nothing but the reflection of going thru ur artistic writing...

Look for every single opportunity n get into that creative field at the earliest, you hv a very lonnng way to go in ur career.

ALL THE VERY BEST ;)

Subbu said...

It seems our(readers) waiting is over Nandy, as far as finding a potential poet is considered. Hats off to you..:)


Simply Superb, especially the following lines are refereshing..

"The chilly wind, brushes my cheek...Curls down my hair and runs down my spine
With a whooshing sound it creates a music…to which the flowers sway…leaves flutter and water tappers.."

Keep going!!!

Regards,
Subhash

Unknown said...

This vivid description is damn good.
nice piece of literature.. keep it up.

Unknown said...

This vivid description is damn good.
nice piece of literature.. keep it up.

Smitha said...

Nuvvu Keka amma... SUPERB!!!!! I'm just flattered. anthe...