Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Writing Marathon

The third post of my marathon. I searched for writing prompts and came across 'write about a scary incidents with your professor'


Srilatha Madam and her drawing class

I do not remember..well I do not have any scary incidents in my college days. I was cautious enough not to get into any. But yes, in my school days I had involved myself in many pranks and enjoyed being mischevious at times :)

So my drawing teacher's name was Srilatha. Hefty, creative, talented, humourous, stubborn and strict were the words to describe her then. One day, the project of the art class was stiching. I was dissapointed the minute I heard it. I dejected stiching and hated it from every corner of my heart. Thankfully in my school we enjoyed the freedom of speech and expression. So I told my madam, that I am not interested in doing the flower stiching on the hanky. This way went our conversation.

Me- Ma'm please just for today I will not do this.

Madam - Nothing like that. Just do it.

Me - Ma'm but am not interested in stiching..please ma'm

Madam - This has become a game for you. Just keep quite and do as I say.

Me - Ma'm but...

Madam - Shut up will you???

When she said this, I was offended. The young devil in me...got hurt. I uninterestedly took the piece of cloth the needle and thread and began to stitch. My teacher did not stop there. She was closly observing my needle and thread work..and said 'What are you doing? You are 14 years old and you do not even know to stitch? I will tell your mother.' I would have just shrugged it off if she had said it in private, but there was a whole class of 12 students listening to our conversation. I was tight lipped..then a minute later when my teacher was engrossed in teaching others..i slowly got up went near a window and on the wooden window sill i scribbled in pencil ' stupid srilatha teacher. she should be thrown out'. Relieved i came and sat without her noticing me, but I was unaware that my class mate watched me. When I came and sat , she gestured 'I saw what you were doing'. To that I gave a cheerful smile of victory and carried on.

Days passed and one bad day I and my class mate had a fight. A big fight, that we stopped talking to each other for days and weeks. Then on one such bad day we had the drawing class, and I was busy sketching..when we all heard a loud voice reading ' stupid srilatha teacher. she should be thrown out'. My heart skipped a beat. I raised my head to see my friend trumphing over my red face..! Then she continued " Madam..this looks like nandita's writing and I saw her scribbling something one day"

Now it was my teacher's turn. I still remember her face...fuming and boiling. What else can we expect her to say than "get lost". Leave alone an explanation she did not even give me a second to look at my sorry cut face.

Things changed after some days. I went and apologized her for my behaviour..and she forgave me. But in my life I will always remember the incident, my teacher and her face :)

1 comment:

Sruthi said...

Well i wish i cud say that to so many other things in life...